Text string spacing is not right....

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:28 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Any time I create a text string and place it inside a rectangle, the characters are not spaced as they should be.  The string should show with one space in between each word, but instead are displaying in the PDF with multiple spaces between words.  The alignment is all left and topleft, so, I am not clear why the extra spaces are occurring.  Instead of "Hello to everyone in the world!" I see "Hello     to    everyone    in      the     world!" 

Any help?

Thanks!

Tami Rudnick

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Do you use custom font? silverPDF contain two projects PDFSharp and iTextSharp, and have same problems. PDFSharp have problem with some custom fonts.

Just try to use other fonts. That's only thing that you could do right now. That problem will be fixed in the future versions.

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:52 PM

I have the same problem, even when I run the TextLayout example.

In an attempt to use other fonts that might be available I tried things like:

XFontFamily.Families / XFontFamily.GetFamilies etc

How would i know the list of fonts that i can play with please?

Thanks,

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2010 at 3:43 PM

You better upload a lot of fonts and play with them all. To find out witch one is good.

Aug 6, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I have the same problem. I tested your example of "Unicode", it doesnot work correctly.

I use silverlight3, so I used PDFSilver 42107 which is published Jan 12 2010 at 10:14 PM. I think it is the last version for silverlight 3, isn't it?

I also tested PDFsharp, it works very well, and it does not have this text spacing problem.

Does anyone can give me some help?

Thanks,

Weijia LI

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Hi,

is there a solution or workarround for the spacing promlem?

Thanks

HSS

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Edited Feb 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I'm running into a similar problem, the interword spacing is just way too large. I'm using "Courier" as a font...

Is there a sample where this works ?

I tried PDFsharp Sample: Text Layout the one with four rectangles of different alignments on a salmon background (Straight from the Source Test file) and it does not space characters properly. 

There is probably a problem with my setting: the font that displays in these salmon rectangles is bold and definitively not Times Roman.  

I'm using SilverLight 4 and VS 2010.

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM

read this

http://silverpdf.codeplex.com/discussions/232794

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I will try, pity that it is now included into a recent binary download if it works.

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Also try diffrent fonts, some of them work better with this !$#^$#$5 librarry :)